Re: [xml] xmlParseMemory() and xmlParseDTD()

You are right, Gary. It works perfectly if I use the
static library and I link my application with
-lpthread.

thank you again :-).

Ainhoa

 --- Gary Pennington <Gary Pennington sun com>
escribió: > MDC A. wrote:

Hi,

I was using the binary packages downloaded from
your
page, Gary. But I was linking against the static
library libxml2.a.
I have linked against the dynamic library and the
problem has disappeared.

Ah. I think that if you link with the static library
you must also link
your application with -lpthread (otherwise the
support required for the
multi-threaded library (-lxml2) is not present).

Could you try re-using the static library and adding
-lpthread to the
compile line to see if that works?

I'd like to add some information on this to my
webpage, so I would
appreciate your letting me know what happens if you
do the above.

Thank you very much to both of you for your time
and
help

Ainhoa

You're welcome.

Gary

--- Gary Pennington <Gary Pennington sun com>
escribió: > Daniel Veillard wrote:

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 01:07:54PM +0100, MDC A.

wrote:

xmlParserError(0x160840, 0x122cf0, 0x1646c8,

0x0,

0x0, 0x164afd)

  xmlParserError calls the xmlGenericError

routine which is initialized

to xmlGenericErrorDefaultFunc, with the default

xmlGenericErrorContext which

is initialized to NULL.

 xmlGenericErrorDefaultFunc(0x0, 0x12fcf8, 0x5,
0xfffffff8,
0x44, 0x1646b8)

So that call is correct.
BUT xmlGenericErrorDefaultFunc() code is:

---------------
void
xmlGenericErrorDefaultFunc(void *ctx

ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED, const char *msg, ...) {

  va_list args;

  if (xmlGenericErrorContext == NULL)
  xmlGenericErrorContext = (void *) stderr;

  va_start(args, msg);
  vfprintf((FILE *)xmlGenericErrorContext, msg,

args);

  va_end(args);
}
---------------

Unless stderr == NULL in Solaris which would be

really really strange,

vfprintf(0x0, 0xffbef0e4, 0xfeabf9b4, 0x8,

0x12fcf8,

0x1646c8)

I really don't see how the first argument to

vfprintf being passed can be

NULL !

which is the problem here?

I really don't know there is something really

really strange here !

How can the problem be solved?

Take a debugger and check by single stepping,

possibly looking at

the assembly generated. I don't understand how
the

first argument of the

call can be NULL ! Or someone else on Solaris can

reproduce your problem

and check it for you, sorry I can't ...

Daniel

Hi,

To cut a long story short, I think this is a
problem
to do with the
configure script. The linkage to -lpthread wasn't
specified and so if
your application was single threaded and you built
libxml2 for
multi-threaded use, failures of this nature would
be
caused.

This was fixed before I reported it, but I think
that it was only fixed
in 2.4.16.

You can check by seeing if libxml2.so is linked to
-lpthread, e.g.:

bash-2.03$ ldd
/usr/local/libxml/sparc/lib/libxml2.so
       libpthread.so.1 =>
/usr/lib/libpthread.so.1
       libz.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libz.so.1
       libm.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libm.so.1
       libsocket.so.1 =>
/usr/lib/libsocket.so.1
       libnsl.so.1 =>   /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1
       libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1
       libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
       libmp.so.2 =>    /usr/lib/libmp.so.2
       libthread.so.1 =>
/usr/lib/libthread.so.1

/usr/platform/SUNW,Ultra-60/lib/libc_psr.so.1
bash-2.03$

If it isn't linked to -lpthread, then it's broken
for use with single
threaded apps.

The easy answer is to upgrade your version of
libxml2 to use the latest
set of binaries that I ship from
http://garypennington.net/libxml2/.
Alternatively, if you use an older version of
Solaris, download the
source for 2.4.16 and build it.

Gary

--
Gary Pennington
Solaris Kernel Development,

Yahoo! Messenger
Comunicación instantánea gratis con tu gente.
http://messenger.yahoo.es

--

=== message truncated ===