Re: [xml] Segfault on AIX

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 02:51:59PM -0800, Alan Aspuru-Guzik wrote:
Dear XML users,

I am puzzled by the following behavior: My code runs and parses XML
correctly in a plain-vanilla RH7.1+XimianGnome box, but when I compile in
an IBM SP supercomputer (AIX) using the latest libXML out of the box
(libXML 2.2.4.16) with and without my own libZ in --prefix=$HOME, when I
try to open a simple xml file (not gzipped),

I get the following segfault:
Stack Trace
     .gzopen,               FP=2ff221b0
C    .xmlGzfileOpen,        FP=2ff221b0
[...]
The code dies entering the doc= xmlParseFile(fname);

   Hum, no. The stack trace says your application dies in the gzopen
entry point of the libZ library. Doesn't seems to looks libxml2 related.
Use a debugger, put a breakpoint in gzopen and see why that library segfaults.

Daniel