Re: [xml] libxml2 2.4.22 & SGML-style catalog

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 12:24:38AM +0400, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
Hello, xml! How are you?

  I have SGML-style catalog, and xsltproc complains about it:

file:///usr/local/share/xml/catalog:1: error: Start tag expected, '<' not found
CATALOG "dtd/catalog"
^

How could I use this catalog with libxml2? Page
http://www.xmlsoft.org/catalog.html says, yhar libxml2 supports old
catalog format...

  How did you point libxml2 to /usr/local/share/xml/catalog ?
By default it looks only at /etc/xml/catalog , if you used the
environment variable XML_CATALOG_FILES then the error is normal,
you should use SGML_CATALOG_FILES instead to point it to an SGML style
of catalogs.
  The error comes from the catalog code trying to read the other one,
it's surprizing because there is some autodetection to avoid this ...

Daniel