Re: [xml] Generating a correct xml2-config for use with --libs

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Aleksey Sanin wrote:

As one of Solaris users for LibXML I would strongly disagree with this idea.
I would like to have *the same* Makefiles on all platforms and I do not
see reasons
why I need to add -lsocket for Solaris manually.
If your application does not use threads or networking you may
configure/compile
LibXMLby yourself and use --without-http, --without-ftp, etc. flags to
remove
these dependencies. In case you use *shared* library compiled for
general use
you would probably want to use linker that can trace dependencies and ignore
libraries not actually used.

Well, I suspect the makefiles done by Gary will be the ones that will be
used for the libxml shipping with Solaris anyways. But the whole point of
Gary's mails was that you don't need to link against "indirect"
dependencies.

Aleksey

        Sander

        you'll rescue me right?
        in the exact same way that they never did
        i'll be happy right?
        when your healing powers kick in