Re: [xml] PEReferences troubles

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 04:25:57PM +0200, Peter Jacobi wrote:
Hi Daniel, All,

Find attached the redone PEReference patches, more test cases and
the full new parser.c gzipped.

  Excellent, applied without problem, they passed the tests, including
the W3C/NIST testsuite regression and XSLT ones.

I still haven't done a full equivalent of make tests, but it works for my own
test cases, bigentname.xml and xml2 (tricky/error-prone).

Part one of the patch extends the area where PEReferences are included
and makes t4.xml and t6.xml work.

Part two replaces the ctxt->token mechanism with the BlanksWrapper
mechanism and makes t4a.xml work.

We are in a good start to get rid of ctxt->token in the XML parser.
The last places where I found ctxt->token initialized is in parserInternals.c:

parserInternals.c:      ctxt->token = '&';
parserInternals.c:      ctxt->token = '&';
parserInternals.c:        ctxt->token = ent->content[0];

but it is in xmlParserHandleReference() deprecated code, It should not even
be compiled in anymore.

The new testcases t8.xml and t8a.xml are not valid, at least I hope so,
and every parser I tried except XMLSpy3.5 agrees on this.

The new testcases t9.xml and t9a.xml are valid, at least I hope so, and
every parser I tried agrees on this.

  Okay here I see xmllint --valid --noout passing t4 t4a t6 t9 t9a and
complaining in the DTD of t8 and t8a resulting in a non-welformedness
error handling (no tree is generated).
  I added them to the regression tests,

  In general, thanks a LOT ! I appreciate very much that others are now
gaining a full understanding of the inner parts of the library, it's large
relatively complex, and getting good patches tackling to this level of
understanding is just a proof that the project as a whole is working and
taking momentum, you can't imagine how happy I am about this !

   thanks again, to you and everybody contributing !

Daniel