[xml] XHTML modularisation (on XML-DEV)

Hi Daniel, All,

Did you notice the "XHTML modularisation causes strange error with
MSXML" thread on XML-DEV, started by
Benoit MAISONNY eurocontrol int?

He did some tests with different parsers of a complicated set of DTDs
using XHTML modularisation. He later included libxml2 in his tests
which (nearly) works OK, so only MSXML to blame.

I got one remark regarding the use of relative path in SYSTEM:
I noticed what I feel is a bug, though: For one sample, the DTD
declaration
is done with a relative path:
<!DOCTYPE eaip:eAIP SYSTEM "../eAIP-xhtml-m12n-dtd/eaip.dtd">
When I first tried to validate it with libxml2's xmllint.exe, I was not
in
the document's directory and so it didn't find the DTD. When  I changed
the doc's directory it didn't complain. I may be wrong, but I think the
path
is relative to the doc's directory, not to the parser's one.
I don't know what's the correct behaviour.

The later messages in the thread were more standardese than I can
understand with reasonable efforts, it seems about good, bad and ugly
definitions of the standard entitities lt and amp. The libxml2 related part
was about less than helpfull error messages for obscure cases.

Regards,
Peter