[xml] XHTML modularisation (on XML-DEV)

Hi Daniel, All,

Did you notice the "XHTML modularisation causes strange error with 
MSXML" thread on XML-DEV, started by 
Benoit MAISONNY eurocontrol int?

He did some tests with different parsers of a complicated set of DTDs 
using XHTML modularisation. He later included libxml2 in his tests
which (nearly) works OK, so only MSXML to blame.

I got one remark regarding the use of relative path in SYSTEM:
I noticed what I feel is a bug, though: For one sample, the DTD
is done with a relative path:
<!DOCTYPE eaip:eAIP SYSTEM "../eAIP-xhtml-m12n-dtd/eaip.dtd">
When I first tried to validate it with libxml2's xmllint.exe, I was not
the document's directory and so it didn't find the DTD. When  I changed
the doc's directory it didn't complain. I may be wrong, but I think the
is relative to the doc's directory, not to the parser's one.
I don't know what's the correct behaviour.

The later messages in the thread were more standardese than I can 
understand with reasonable efforts, it seems about good, bad and ugly 
definitions of the standard entitities lt and amp. The libxml2 related part 
was about less than helpfull error messages for obscure cases.


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]