Re: [xml] Support for Python

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 02:21:25PM -0800, Dave Kuhlman wrote:
On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 03:35:34PM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
    I would split it into:
      - Support for the tree interface built on libxml
      - Support for the DOM2 api built on gdome2

Good idea.  Divide the problem into managable parts.

  Well especially since the gdome2 people went through the (relative)
hell to provide DOM2 semantic on top of libxml2 API.

In two or three more days, I hope to make available what I've done
in the way of SWIG wrappers for the definitions in tree.h.  Then,
we can decide whether that is a worthwhile starting point or not.

  Well, I'm trying that too we will see.

I wonder, is there a minimal interface that each driver must
implement?  I believe that we will want to implement that basic
interface _plus_ a few extensions, e.g. (1) request validation, (2)
turn individual event handlers on an off during the parse.  I'll
try to look into this, too.

  libxml2 validation is based on the tree, it doesn't work on SAX
alone. Moreover validation requires access to DTD informations,
which are pieces I don't see in the existing callbacks. For (2)
yes and this should be allowed to be changed dynamically.

Daniel