Re: [xml] Canonical XML

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 03:27:24PM -0800, Aleksey Sanin wrote:
Daniel,

Please find attached a simplified version of C14N API. I hope
you'll approve it. The implementation for whole XML document is

  Looks fine yes. Point 3) seems to indicate that an extra function to
set the flags of a parser context correctly might be useful (though

pretty much done but I run into some problems with a case when
a part of XML document is specified using XPath expression.
It turns out that libxml has no full XPath implementation:

    sounds a bit excessive.

      1) "parent::ietf:e1" does not include any e1 namespaces

    Give an example, sounds strange.

      2) namespaces from the parent element are not included
      in the child's namespaces axis

    Hum, strange. I'm pretty sure it works well, I even have some XSLT test
cases for those.

      3) default attributes from inner DTD are not included
      in the result nodes set

    Yes they are if you give the parser the required flags to add them to
the tree.

As far as I can understand, all these areas are marked as TODO in
the xpath.c file. Do you have any plans to implement this stuff
soon?

   1) is obscure, I don't understand could be a problem in the way you
      initialize the namespaces in your context before even trying to run
      a query using the associated prefix
   2) sounds wrong or you have a too old version
   3) you did not initialize the parser to add them to the tree
      look at xsltproc.c

 Do I need to file a bug about this as a reminder?

    If you provide the examples of the document and the query, yes this may
help but double check the points I raised first.

    Thanks,

Daniel