[xml] is there any function to traverse tree of nodes?

on xmlsoft.org, I found only one method: node->children, node->next, etc.
this is so implicit way of traverse.
only who knows the inner structure of xmlNode can understand this simply.

moreover, I couldn't understand my own codes even if similar to samples.
samples talk about just text-related one. but I have deep-hierarchial tree of xml,
and the nodes contain not only text but also element or property.

you can say to me: "you didn't do best to RTFM on xmlsoft.org and other links."
got it. I'll accept it. I'm newbie to xml world and only read xml/xsl book of wrox.com
and more, not good at programming. I've rather to search header of libxml with grep
than read whole pages of gtk-doc-based reference.
this libxml reference is not friendly to me, not much like other gtk/gnome ones.

yeah. I found xmlXPathSomething functions like Context or ParserContext or Eval, etc.
but it was _not_ worth to me. example does not say about it
and references show really poor of comment. I couldn't understand before my own testing.

only one thing I do wanna, is understand traversing of tree, visually if possible.
till this time being, libxml work out of expect.

do you know what function does the task to traverse? is there fine resource?