Re: [xml] xmlParseMemory core dump

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 10:43:34AM +0100, Rygg Christian Ingemann wrote:
I am using TCP/IP to send XML from one computer to another, as a string of
characters. I then parse it using xmlParseMemory. Unfortunately I have a
small bug in my communication, so sometimes the end of the XML string is
lost, and I call xmlParseMemory with bad XML (Cut short). This makes the
program crash (core dump). Is it "supposed" to be like that, that bad XML
causes a core dump? If so, is there a function I can send the string through
first to check if it is OK? The XML looks like this when it's cut short:

   Well it doesn't crash for me:

gnome:~/XML -> xmllint --memory tst.xml
Entity: line 6: error: Specification mandate value for attribute ate
type="in">MIiDejCCAuOgAwIBAgIBAjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQQFADB1MQswCQYDVQQGEwJubzESmB
^
Entity: line 6: error: attributes construct error
type="in">MIiDejCCAuOgAwIBAgIBAjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQQFADB1MQswCQYDVQQGEwJubzESmB
^
Entity: line 22: error: End tag : expected '>'

Can you make 100% sure you actually passed a 0 terminated string or provided
the right data packet lenght ?

  If I can reproduce such a bug, I will definitely fix it quickly.

Daniel