Re: [xml] xmlreader interface

On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 05:57:30PM +0100, Stéphane Bidoul wrote:
Hi Daniel,

I'm playing a bit with the new xmlreader interface
(through the python bindings, everything from cvs HEAD).

The API is quite interesting and that
makes a really nice addition to your toolkit.
Thanks for the good work.

  Thanks. BTW I commited validation support on top of
the xmlreader API, this means libxml2 can now DTD validate
instances of any size.

Is it too early for bug reports? I think I've found

  No, the only point is that APIs are not cast in stone, for
example I may swicth back the Python wrapper generator to
generate an uppercase for the first letter for consistency
with the C# spec and documentation.

a small one in moveToNextAttribute(): once the last
attribute is reached, the reader always return
properties of the last attribute (resetting
reader->curnode to NULL before return 0 seems
to works for me).

  From what I understood of the interfaces, that's the
normal behaviour, and the MoveToElement method is the
right way to go back to the top node. If you have a C#
MS implementation around that could be a good idea to check.
http://dotgnu.org/pnetlib-doc/System/Xml/XmlTextReader.html#XmlTextReader.MoveToElement%20Method

Then I've a small question: do you plan
to support entity resolution through that API?
(I've seen the ResolveEntity in the spec,
is there another mechanism that could do it?)

  Well the normal XmlTextReader API doesn't allow entity
resolution, but there is no reason I can't add it. Basically
if you add the extra parser flags to load the DTD then
that should be relatively easy.

Daniel