[xml] Character encoding help

Hello,
I have an application which is currently being developed on RedHat linux 7.2
system. Standard install.

I recently implemented the libxml2 and libxslt libraries into my application
to provide html converted output for xml data. On my development machine,
the xslt conversion works perfectly with the encoding of

<xsl:output method="html" encoding="ISO-8859-9"/>

The target device for this application is an embedded system with a trimmed
down linux distribution i created from redhat 7.2.

I've added the following libraries to my target device:
libxml2
libxslt
libxsltbreakpoint

Now, when the application attempts to convert to iso-8859-9 encoding, I get
the following error:

xmlDocDumpFormatMemoryEnc: Failed to identify encoding handler for character
set 'ISO-8859-9'

On my development machine...which works fine...I do not have the libiconv
library installed. Does anyone know what additional libraries or files I
need in order to support the iso8859-9 encoding?

According to the docs for xml, it uses the iconv method calls. But where are
the encoding definitions, which apparently come standard on a Redhat system?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-stefan