Re: [xml] libxml as DLL?

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Daniel Veillard wrote:

Is there any interest in providing a "DLLEXPORT" style define as part
of all libxml extern functions so that libxml may more easily be built
as a DLL using compilers that require this nonsense?

  I don't understand why the existing Windows support is not adequate.
Apparently Igor and Cygwin are shipping libxml2 on Windows as shared library
so where is the problem ?

I see that the win32 directory uses the command-line compiler to
pre-process libxml2.def.src into a .def file.  I suppose we can try
using a .def file, but this is not necessary for the other libraries
we build.

I'll see what we can accomplish by using the .def file.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
bfriesen simple dallas tx us