Re: [xml] Patch for boolean attributes in HTML output mode / libxml HTML dump code

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 01:44:13PM +0200, Marc Liyanage wrote:

Hi there again,

I was wondering if someone could provide some feedback if our patch,
mentioned in my previous post below, will be accepted into the main
distribution, who decides this?

  Usually me (but others have commit rights) and I was on holliday last week.
Give me at least the time to review the patch !
Looking at it the mechanism sounds fine, I'm not sure making htmlIsBooleanAttrpublic is needed, this might be
useful to some apps but . I dislike making
const char* declarations in public headers, that is seriously broken, the
array declaration should be made static in HTMLtree.h and lastly the
same call to htmlIsBooleanAttr should be made too in htmlAttrDump(),
and finally there was signed/unsigned char warnings with your patch.
One could also worry about the cost of checking lineary all attributes
being dumped in HTML content against the list in htmlBooleanAttrs[]
that could have a non-neglectable speed impact, this could be
improved but I don't consider this critical at this point.

  In a nutshell I cleaned up your patch and integrated it,

http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsquery.cgi?module=gnome-xml&branch=HEAD&branchtype=match&dir=gnome-xml&file=&filetype=match&who=veillard&whotype=match&sortby=Date&hours=&date=explicit&mindate=08%2F12%2F02+09%3A26&maxdate=08%2F12%2F02+09%3A28&cvsroot=%2Fcvs%2Fgnome

   thanks !

Daniel