Re: [xml] Release of libxml2-2.4.21

But I think we can start relaxing the constraints w.r.t. adding API

Well, in this case I have a request :) First let me explain the reason why I need this. The problem I have in XML Security Library is that I need to read not only XML files but binary files as well (for example, when I need to sign or encrypt a plain vanilla binary data). The XML data input callbacks used by LibXML could not be used for reading binary data because one can decide to do some special processing (like automatic gzip) for XML files. And this processing should not be done for binary files. The solution is to have custom handlers for processing binary files as it is done for XML files. The only problem I have is that I am lazy and I do not want to duplicate 10+ static functions
defined in xmlIO.c :) And this is bad from code-reuse point of view.
So my request is: can we remove word "static" from the following functions in xmlIO.c and
copy the declarations to xmlIO.h?

   xmlFileMatch
   xmlFileOpen
   xmlFileRead
   xmlFileClose

   xmlIOHTTPMatch
   xmlIOHTTPOpen
   xmlIOHTTPRead
   xmlIOHTTPClose
xmlIOFTPMatch
   xmlIOFTPOpen
   xmlIOFTPRead
   xmlIOFTPClose

   /* I do not need this but for completeness probably these functions
    should be "public" too */
   xmlGzfileMatch
   xmlGzfileOpen
   xmlGzfileRead
   xmlGzfileClose

The patch is simple and I'll prepare it as soon as soon as everybody agree that it could be done.

Aleksey.