[xml] validation bug

In libxml2-2.4.20, there is new code in vstateVPush of valid.c that limits the
vstateNr counter to 1024. Some of my xml documents hit this limit and
consequently fail validation. Is this limit necessary or should it be some huge
value? Another oddity, I am running under CYGWIN when this fails; I tried this
at home (linux) last night and couldn't get it to fail. Maybe I am missing
something or this is a compiler bug.
Attached is a file you can try to verify this with:
xmllint --valid --noout vbug.xml

Charlie B.