Re: [xml] A few Windows specific issues

On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 08:41:18AM +0000, Bjorn Reese wrote:
If we are going to address this issue, then I suggest that we do it
properly. We need to consider

  o MS-DOS paths (C:\path\file)
  o UNC paths (\\server\path\file)
  o Other platform-specific paths (such as Mac which used colon as
    the path separator, or VMS which uses dots and generally is
    strange :)
  o Unicode in path names

I am pretty sure that somebody has been faced this this problem before,
and should seek to leverage on their experiences.

  Well, I'm actually pretty sure that everybody has different needs,
I remember the VM/MVS pathnames <grin/> and I think that having an
user setting for filename translation callback is the only way to
have it done properly for everybody: Windows, MVS, VMS, RTos, etc.
  Also it is clean that I will allow this only on filename input
not for generic URI-References, that would be a serious spec breakage.

Daniel