Re: [xml] A few Windows specific issues

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 01:51:58PM +0200, Igor  Zlatkovic wrote:
Hi Daniel.

I am hopelessly overburdened at the moment, I haven't even seen these
bug reports :-) I will give it an hour or two during the weekend. I
guess I'll have a patch for you by monday.

  No problem, don't worry. It's not urgent, I probably won't make a release
before the end of next week. And other should feel free to have a look too !

Other than that, more work is needed at the moment, such as iconv and
pthreads support under Win32. Iconv compiles out of the box. Pthreads
implementation I would use is available at
http://sources.redhat.com/pthreads-win32/. Hope I'll have libxml2
running with these by the end of the next week.

  hum it seems to have eerything needed to the port to be successful.
A "native" port could have been done too.

My suggestion is to get a Windows path converter to convert
Windows filename to valid URI or URI-References and have it
plugged in a couple of critical places in libxml to avoid
such problem for good.

Reasonable. I'll try to handle it during the weekend and produce few
functions which do the conversion. Should questions arise, you will be
torn from your bed in the middle of the night :-)

  Sure :-), but I just need the function, I know exactly where to place
calls to it.

Daniel