[xml] test the current state

  Well after integrating thread support and fixing the validation bug
reported, I would appreciate if people could give a try to the current
state:
   - check that portability has not suffered too much, Windows
     will certainly need more exported symbols for example
   - check that the thread support for pthreads works, people
     interested in porting to other thread platform should look at
     threads.c and testThreads.c . I would be interested in feedback
     concerning thestThread execution on other platforms
     (configure using --with-threads )
   - check that the change to the validation code didn't break
     apps relying on it, it seems okay from my perspective, but ...

  I have uploaded a test tarfile at:
    ftp://xmlsoft.org/test/libxml2-2.4.6-test.tar.gz

 If you have the time and interest, give it a try,

   thanks,

Daniel