From: Daniel Veillard [mailto:veillard redhat com]
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 2:08 PM
To: Henke, Markus
Cc: 'xml gnome org'
Subject: Re: [xml] New problems after register memory management
routines

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 02:01:36PM +0200, Henke, Markus wrote:
  xmlInitParser();
  xmlMemSetup(freeFunc, mallocFunc, reallocFunc, strdupFunc);

[...]

  xmlFreeParserCtxt(ctxt);
  xmlCleanupParser();   <- Assertion failed: pbi != NULL

I've debbuged it to a point where
  xmlCleanupCharEncodingHandlers()
calls
  xmlFree(handlers[nbCharEncodingHandler]->name),
which causes the assertion to fail.
handlers[nbCharEncodingHandler]->name is "HTML" at this
point (WTHDTM...).
So, i'm stuck again...

  And you find this surprizing ????

xmlInitParser() is allocating memory of course !
And you're trying to free it with a different routine.

  If you remap the memory routine this must be done before any other
libxml or libxslt call of course. This is common sense, no ?

Daniel

--
Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Network
http://redhat.com/products/network/