[xml] needle in a haystack

I feel reel stupid making this request.

Sometime in the last month someone made a reply to someone in which they
described how to create/register callbacks with xmllib.  I vaguely remember
that the close callback was just a stub and that it did nothing so that when it was
called the file descriptor was not closed.  I found this posting extremely
interesting and filed away in my brain that it existed, but somehow I lost it.

I tried searching and reading every posting in

     mail.gnome.org/archives/xml

or the month of October, September and August which did not deal
with threads or dlls.

I really think it was posted in October.

I do not understand how I lost it, nor that I can't find it in the archives.

Please, if you posted a reply describing this techinque, could you please direct me to it.