Re: [xml] libxml2 and thread-safety

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 10:12:18AM +0200, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
On Mon, 2001-10-08 at 14:24, Daniel Veillard wrote:
[snip]
  Check the archives, this was discussed at length last week and is being
worked on. multiple threads parsing different documents should work once
initialized properly, there might be undiscovered problems w.r.t. the HTML
parser though.

ok. i read the archives. i am wondering what you mean for "once
initialized properly". i call the init stuff before going multithread
and my threads parse different documents (at the same time). is that
safe or i need to use a global lock to arbitrate access to the parser?
from the archives i would bet on the lock, but your mail seems going the
other way...

  Parsing different documents in different threads should work.
There might be a bug but I don't know any which should break
processing things this way (except maybe a couple of points but
they are not used when parsing HTML).
  Try to run tests without your HTTP implementation and report
a valid stack trace for further examination.

Daniel