RE: [xml] When to call xmlInitParser() ?

-----Original Message-----
From: robert [mailto:robert xml 00008 org]
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 10:46 AM
To: Henke, Markus
Cc: 'xml gnome org'
Subject: Re: [xml] When to call xmlInitParser() ?

 >> when i use libxml in a scenario where two or more different
 >> parserContext are created during the runtime of the
calling programm,
 >> have i to call xmlInitParser() only once or for each
parserContext?
 >I'm just wondering if my question is either too thumb or
too tough to
 >take note of!?  If first option fits, please forgive my
ignorance and
 >answer anyhow, i'll confess my shame if i should have hit
on it on my
 >own...  8)

Sorry about that, sometimes we're all a bit busy :)

To answer your question: you should only call xmlInitParser() once.

However, it doesn't hurt to call it multiple times (unless
you are running
in a multi-threaded environment, which you don't :), it guards itself
against that.

      robert

Wow, that was fast! And exact the answer that i want to hear   8)
(cause i've implemented it that way, just suspecting that it's correct).

Thanx & Ciao, Markus