Re: [xml] libxml2.so and -lpthread

Gary Pennington wrote:

Weiqi Gao wrote:

While trying to update libxml2 and libxslt to the latest release 2.4.10
and 1.0.7, I encountered the following problem:

If I specify '--with-threads' for libxml2, then the subsequent build of
libxslt fails with the linker complaining about undefined references to
some pthread_* symbols.

Adding '-lpthread' to the linker command for libxml2.so fixes the
problem.

You should put some more information here, like which OS (and version) did you get this problem?

My platform is Red Hat Linux 7.0/Intel with GCC 3.0.2.

I just built and used libxml2-2.4.10 and libxslt-1.0.7 in both 32 and 64 bit flavours on Solaris 8 with threads enabled with no problems.

I'll try it on SOlaris 6/Sparc tomorrow.

--
Weiqi Gao
weiqigao networkusa net