Re: [xml] libxml2.so and -lpthread

Weiqi Gao wrote:

While trying to update libxml2 and libxslt to the latest release 2.4.10
and 1.0.7, I encountered the following problem:

If I specify '--with-threads' for libxml2, then the subsequent build of
libxslt fails with the linker complaining about undefined references to
some pthread_* symbols.

Adding '-lpthread' to the linker command for libxml2.so fixes the
problem.

You should put some more information here, like which OS (and version) did you get this problem?

I just built and used libxml2-2.4.10 and libxslt-1.0.7 in both 32 and 64 bit flavours on Solaris 8 with threads enabled with no problems.

Gary