Re: [xml] Validity Checking headache :-(

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 04:45:08PM +0200, Fabrizio Ammollo wrote:
I'm thinking, wouldn't it be better to take it enabled ? That way the
stylesheet would be validated too..

  No there is no DTD for stylesheets, or just try but don't complain...

One thing that scares me much, mainly because I both don't know much
stylesheets and libxslt too, is that, from what I have seen looking at the
code of xsltproc, the NOTES of libxslt and from the fact that the result of
xsltApplyStylesheet is a xmlDocPtr, is that it seems that right now a
transformation from XML to something which is not HTML is not supported.. am
I right or have I totally misunderstood this ?

  Misunderstood.
  Please reread the spec, sections 16 on output to XML/HTML/text.
xsltSaveResultToXXX() will output text too, there is test cases from day
5 for this.

Daniel