Re: [xml] Making SAX more useful...

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 01:19:26PM +0100, Matt Sergeant wrote:
At the moment the SAX parser really has second place to the DOM parser (at
least that's my gut feeling), because you have to do so much work to make
it useful (I've just discovered that it doesn't do entity resolution for
you - which is the opposite of all other SAX implementations I've used).

  Well, problem is that I build DOM on top of this expat/SAX and it
would be more difficult to handle this if entities are substitued before
the callbacks

Is there a plan to make it a more "first class" interface? At the moment
it's requires a fair amount of custom code to implement parsing reasonably
complex documents.

  Well it's not really a priority right now. there is also the
point that I don't want to break the API, and this will probably requires
an API redesign.

Daniel