Re: [xml] Error in XPath processing

 Hi William,

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 08:02:56PM -0800, William M. Brack wrote:
About a week ago we posted a problem to the xslt mailing list (from
which we have, so far, gotten no response), but we have now confirmed that

  Hum, I did reply yesterday
 Are you making reference to another post ?

the problem is actually within the XPath processing in the XML library.


Using the "built-in" testfile in the testXPath program, the problem can be easily demonstrated.  Given the 
XPath expression
we are expecting as output the title nodes from the 4 chapters.  However, the result produced is only the 
first title node, i.e.

[root infobase1 libxml2-2.3.5]# ./testXPath "chapter[*]/title[1]"
Object is a Node Set :
Set contains 1 nodes:
1  ELEMENT title

Any help to solve this problem will be greatly appreciated.

  the following request returns the right result:

orchis:~/XML -> ./testXPath "chapter[*]/title"
Object is a Node Set :
Set contains 5 nodes:
1  ELEMENT title
2  ELEMENT title
3  ELEMENT title
4  ELEMENT title
5  ELEMENT title

  So I assume it's a problem related to the Step evaluation, and more
precisely the way predicates are handled in xmlXPathCompOpEval or the
way the compiled pattern is generated. It generates the equivalent of


instead of the expected form. This need to be fixed and may requires
a couple of non trivial changes. I will try to fix this before the next
libxml release but unfortunately I'm not in a position to give you
(or anybody else in general) a guaranteed deadline for fixing bugs
even if I try to do it in a timely fashion.


Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Network
veillard redhat com  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit | Rpmfind RPM search engine

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]