Re: [xml] Unexpected behavior parsing notations

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 02:26:20PM +0100, Paolo Casarini wrote:
Then I've this code:
xmlDoValidityCheckingDefaultValue = 1;

 To provide feedback it's better to show what xmllint does.
In this case xmllint --valid --debug test-dtd.xml

Now the doc struct have the intSubset and the extSubset fields !=
NULL. Why? I've specified only external DTD.

  The internal subset field carries the system and public ID.

The extSubset has elements and entities fields != NULL, right. But the
notations field is NULL. Where are my notations?
I can find my notations in the notations field of intSubset. Why?

  Because there was a bug in the SAX handler which was registering
them at the wrong place. Patch enclosed.

P.S.: I have yet to see *any* real use of XML notations, that part is
      not used as far as I can tell.

Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Network
veillard redhat com  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit | Rpmfind RPM search engine