Re: [xml] document() and import() handlers

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 12:58:56PM +0100, robert wrote:
 >libxml is thread agnostic, all what is garanteed is that once the library
 >is initialized, multiple threads can access the library...

As far as I could tell, 'initializing' means some global variables (which
all are integer-types?) are set to sane default values.

  yes, but for example initializing the predefined entities table
is not just setting integer values.

Am I right? If not, I might have to check up on it with some more detail
because it's not possible in my project to make a call to xmlInitParser()
before I go multi-threaded.

  hum, annoying, there is a (small) probability of problems.

Also, I haven't used xmlInitParser() yet because libxslt doesn't either.

  the parser calls it automatically if not done, but for multithreaded
work then it should be done first to be safe.

Daniel