Re: [xml] document() and import() handlers

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 11:20:44AM +0000, Matt Sergeant wrote:
Daniel, you didn't respond to my (admittedly hidden) question about
whether xmlInitParser created a mutex until the parse phase ends? If so,
the global doesn't matter too much.

  xmlInitParser() uses a global variable to detect that
some of the global state is initialized (encoding handlers,
predefined entities, default input and output callbacks ...).
This is not related to a single parsing phase. This is only
reset when xmlCleanupParser() is called at the end of the use
of libxml by the program instance.
  There is no real mutex, to do so I would need to have access
to the thread library used, and I don't want to do it. libxml
is thread agnostic, all what is garanteed is that once the library
is initialized, multiple threads can access the library to
parse different XML or HTML instances (one separate per thread,
there is no locking, no mutexes).

Daniel