Re: [xml] Cannot compile xmllib2 under OpenVMS

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 09:29:17AM -0400, isamuelson aep com wrote:
We're trying to compile the libxml2 2.3.10 source tree under OpenVMS
7-2.1.

We have done the following (assuming that the directory we untarred the
libxml2-2_3_10.tar file is DEVCEA$DRA0:[USER.S010792.LIBXML2-2_3_10]):

1) Under the [.VMS] directory, we copied the config.vms into the root
source directory as config.h
2) DEFINE LIBXML DEVCEA$DRA0:[USER.S010792.LIBXML2-2_3_10]
[...]
We've tried everything that we could and we cannot get it passed the
compile stage for even the first file.

  Well I must admit I don't even understand the error generated by
your C processor :-\

  it pukes on a #include processor directive, really I don't understand

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. We are trying to
use the parser for a major project and our platforms are OpenVMS.

  The VMS Makefiles were provided some time ago as a contribution
I never used them, and the code changed a bit in the meantime (there
were more file added, etc ...), and I don't know how to maintain a
VMS config or makefile.

   I hope someone from the list will be able to help you!

Daniel

Sep 17-18 2001 Brussels Red Hat TechWorld http://www.redhat-techworld.com