Re: [xml] libxml incompatibility in version 2

On 11 Jun 2001 03:43:58 -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
   This should not compile, in libxml2 doc->root does not exist anymore.
As explained in the migration doc:
    http://xmlsoft.org/upgrade.html
    "Upgrading libxml client code from 1.x to 2.x"

 Section "How to fix libxml-1.x code:", item 3:

 "Use xmlDocGetRootElement(doc) to get the root element of a document."

  So I think:
    - you should double check your headers, because doc->root should
      not compile

Yes, the problem was the headers.

In my app I had "<gnome-xml/parse.h>" so it would not pick up
the new headers. Changing it to "<libxml/parse.h>" fixed it.

How about installing (at least for some time)
some headers inside "$prefix/include/libxml/gnome-xml" with one
line :
"#warning you shuold replace your inlcude line that has the gnome-xml
reference to libxml"

this will solve the problem in the best way. I am sure this will
happen hundreds of times in the future :-).

regards,
Chema