Re: [xml] libxml incompatibility in version 2

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 03:11:54AM -0500, Chema Celorio wrote:
Yes, the problem was the headers.

In my app I had "<gnome-xml/parse.h>" so it would not pick up
the new headers. Changing it to "<libxml/parse.h>" fixed it.

How about installing (at least for some time)
some headers inside "$prefix/include/libxml/gnome-xml" with one
line :
"#warning you shuold replace your inlcude line that has the gnome-xml
reference to libxml"

  I don't see why you should not be able to have <gnome-xml/parse.h> and
<libxml/parse.h> installed at the same time.

this will solve the problem in the best way. I am sure this will
happen hundreds of times in the future :-).

  No the right way to do the test is at run time. Use the
LIBXML_TEST_VERSION macro, it will check that the shared lib version
is compatible with the header file used to compile. It's described at the end
of http://xmlsoft.org/upgrade.html

Daniel