Re: [xml] Win32/MSVC Facelift

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 08:37:32AM -0600, Vakoc, Mark wrote:
  No I don't like this. One extra keyword is enough of a pain, and
this should not impact the declaration itself. I vetoe this out.

Somehow I knew you would :-) But, I haven't made my point well enough.

I also don't like too many macros if unneeded.

  Okay guys, try to make my life easier. If you could agree first
that would begreat :-)

   XMLPUBLICFUNC
   int xmlSomeFunc(int arg);

  okay assuming this doesn't work what's the best alternative left ?

various platforms.  On win32 clients, alignmnet was chosen at 1byte
alignment, but on NT servers 8byte.  I believe the initial concern was

  At that point I am just sorry for you and suggest you switch to a better
computing platform honnestly.

Have there ever been thoughts on creating a master libxml header that would
in itself include
the various other components compiled in (such as tree.h,xpath.c,etc..) and
client programs would need
only include the single header?

  No, this is bad programming practice. If you want to do this you can
perfectly do this at your application level.

Daniel