Re: [xml] Creating Win32 wrapper function for exported variables

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 11:56:15AM +0200, Igor  Zlatkovic wrote:
By the way, variables can be exported from Win32 DLLs, as can all other
C/C++ constructs. Actually, a proper C/C++ runtime environment somewhat
depends on the ability to export variables from dynamic libraries
(errno, cin, cout) and the assumption that every platform can do this is
safe.

  What I would really like to see is one stable maintainer for Windows.
It is really difficult for me to judge what is appropriate and what is
not w.r.t. handling the Makefiles and specificities of this environment.
When I get conflicting opinions I can hardly do anything better than
keeping the status quo, it's not good. I would also like to see prepackaged
libraries and binaries for libxml and libxslt. Ideally the maintainer
should also use CVS to check things regulary before releases.

  Now I wish I can find someone. I must admit I got really pissed when
I got this feedback "how come the OS with 90% of the deployment has releases
that don't compile ?", because I have yet to see someone stepping in
to do this on the long term.

  I can't and won't do this. It can be Igor, or someone else but I would
like a public statement like "I will maintain the libxml/libxslt Windows
port for the next year" or something similar. Then that maintainer will
have authority for this port. I expect this will concern only the MSC
chain, cygwin or mingwin seems easier to accomodate.

  I'm ready to put a link to whoever maintains the port, or make his
life easier in general when dealing with the libraries.

Daniel

Sep 17-18 2001 Brussels Red Hat TechWorld http://www.redhat-techworld.com