Re: [xml] Using libiconv

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 09:13:25AM -0500, xml thewrittenword com wrote:
Then how about we add --with-iconv=DIR which allows you to specify the
parent include/lib directory for iconv? All this would really do is
add DIR/include to $CPPFLAGS and DIR/lib to $LDFLAGS.

  Albert, this sounds the Right Way (TM), would you be kind enough
to provide such a patch ?

BTW, this would mimic how --with-zlib works. Solaris 8/SPARC has libz
in /usr/lib and zlib.h and zconf.h in /usr/include. We have our own
zlib in /opt somewhere. We use --with-zlib=/opt/zlib to use *our* zlib
which completely *replaces* the system zlib. Same situation as your
libiconv problem. Note though that we could just have well have solved
our problem by setting CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS but I added the
--with-zlib[=DIR] option to help us out. Something similar should be
done for you.

  yep,

Daniel

Sep 17-18 2001 Brussels Red Hat TechWorld http://www.redhat-techworld.com