Re: Re[2]: [xml] xmlSubstituteEntitiesDefault problems

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 12:17:29PM +0100, Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:
Oh I didn't want to have them replaced by entity nodes but left alone
(i.e. plain text):

<xml>some text &lt;</xml>

should give me the content

some text &lt;

  Not very sensible from an XML point of view. That's not possible
with libxml. How would you know whether the original string was
    some text &lt;
  or
    some text &lt;lt;

since otherwise, I needed to filter vast numbers of short strings
through xmlEncodeEntitiesReentrant() to generate the XML buffer I
need
for further processing and that probably would be rather slow.

  "would" or how to break design by applying too early perceived
optimization hints.
  Try it, profile it and come back with hard data showing why it's
really needed, if needed :-)

Daniel