Re: [xml] GZip OS version (minor issue)

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 11:00:17AM +0000, Justin Fletcher wrote:
Hiya,

It seems that the GZip OS version code is hard-coded as 'unix' in to
xmlIO.c. Is there a reason for this ?

The reason I ask is that I would like to update this to use 0x0d (RISC OS),
rather than unix, to show the files lineage, rather than relying on the
default of 0x03 (Unix). I would prefer to set the variable in a header,
rather than modifying the C file itself.

It may be that this would have a bad effect of which I am unaware.

  Hum, that part of the code was contributed.
I could not find any description of those fields in the public zlib headers
so I would really prefer to not touch this unless it's broken.

Daniel