RE: [xml] Use of 'strdup' in xmlmemory.c?

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Veillard [mailto:veillard redhat com]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 10:37 AM
To: Henke, Markus
Cc: 'xml gnome org'
Subject: Re: [xml] Use of 'strdup' in xmlmemory.c?

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 10:25:06AM +0100, Henke, Markus wrote:
  Well as long as you have an ansi compiler this should
not be that
hard (this uses ASCII for C strings encoding I hope).
Hope so, and indeed i'm a big step up the ladder since i've found
a workeround for a parser bug in HP C/iX compiler (see coming
post regarding that subject...).
But there is still a major problem that lets the
'./configure' skript
generate inapplicable header files:
(From HP 3000 MPE/iX porting guide)

"At link time, unresolved external symbols are not returned
as an error
condition because MPE supports run-time binding to external

Well, it's supposed to be a feature...  8)

The result is that './configure' find each and every
function that it
scans, so the HAVE_... macros are all defined (many of them
At least IMHO there is a coherence...

  In that case, either use a different toolchain (seems gcc
is available if I believe

Yep, it's available. But i've to persuade our MPE admin to
install it and that's a tough job since there is no official
HP support for gcc...   8|

or hardcode your config.h
and include/libxml/xmlversion.h for MPE/iX and skip the
configure phase.

That's what i'm currently doing. Looks quite hopefully
(for the moment...)

Ciao, Markus

Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Network
veillard redhat com  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit | Rpmfind RPM search engine