[xml] compiling libxml2-devel on solaris

Hi,

I am new to this list.

I have developped an application using libxml2 (from inside php) on Linux.
Now, the application needs to be ported to the production machine which is a
Sparc running Solaris.  The sysadmin asked me how to install libxml2 on this
machine.

Apparently, there are two packages, libxml2 and libxml2-devel, which must both
be installed.  While we could find the source code for libxml2, there doesn't
seem to be one for the -devel package.

Note, I found a similar problem in the archive, but the response was less than
helpful to me (of the kind: "if you are on such a platform, you should know
anyway").

So here's my kind request for an instructive answer on how to get libxml run on
Solaris.

Thanks in advance,
Jakob.