Re: [xml] AIX 4.3.2 compile error with 2.4.2

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 03:12:35PM -0700, Darin Adler wrote:
On Thursday, August 16, 2001, at 12:32  PM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
  Meaningful to me and gcc:
    the function returns a pointer to an immutable memory region,
warn if it is affected.

A pointer to an immutable memory region would be "const htmlEntityDesc *",
and there would be no warning. What you have there now, "const
htmlElemDescPtr", gives you an immutable pointer to a mutable memory
region -- it's equivalent to "htmlEntityDesc * const", and it is
meaningless for a return type.

  Oh, okay, I always make a typedef for pointers to structs, and that's
the first time I get a difference in semantic :-\

  I have tried to clean up the code in this respect, Albert that
would be great if you could check the enclosed patch on the Irix/AIX
compilers,

  thanks

Daniel