Re: [xml] autoconf patches to 2.4.2 (determine socklen_t type)

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 11:01:45PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
Fully agree, that's why I definitely do not understand why you do not
put auto* generated files under CVS and give away autogen.sh

  1/ to stay in sync with the rest of the Gnome project
  2/ to still have upgrades when new stables version of the auto*
     scripts are relased (basically each time I upgrade my devel system).
  3/ because this seems to work okay because others are doing the same
     thing and I'm never the first one to upgrade (i.e. those who
     love messing with those upgrades will show the way and when
     I upgrade thing are usually clean).
  4/ because if I'm too far behind people start complaining that my
     scripts are not recent enough, and I prefer the maintenance to be
     automatic than commiting the stuff.
  5/ because if someone really want the bleeding edge script he just
     have to upgrade his own tools and relaunch autogen.sh

  In a nutshell: minimize the time spent dealing with those scripts AND
                 the user feedback w.r.t. those scripts.
If I was alone using libxml, well I would not use auto* in the first place.

Daniel