Re: [xml] Compiling 2.3.7

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 04:02:00PM +0200, Peter Jacobi wrote:
Dear Daniel, All,

Compiling 2.3.7 (after using 2.2.x for a long time) on WIN32 using the
WATCOM compiler was a (almost) painless pleasure so far.

  ahhh, good !

Observations:

** There are still some minor warnings when using character
classification Macros, which are designed for UTF16, on 8bit characters.

  yep, some of them are normal, some not ...

** In the process of using libxml.h to clean up the prolog of the
sources, the
"#define INCLUDE_WINSOCK" in nanohttp.c and nanoftp.c were lost. I did
introduce
this #define to avoid pulling in winsock for all the sources. Any
objection to reintroducing this approach?

  Hum, I don't know, personally I have nothing against it. But wouldn't it
fit better in a higher level win32 specific header ?

** For a quick hack to enable timing in xmllint for WIN32, I suggest:
void gettimeofday (struct timeval *tv, void *p) {
    FILETIME ft;
    unsigned long microseconds;
    GetSystemTimeAsFileTime (&ft);
    microseconds = ft.dwLowDateTime / 10;
    tv->tv_usec = microseconds % 1000000;
    tv->tv_sec = microseconds / 1000000;
}
What's the second parameter, anyway?

  the timezone :-)

** Is there a use case for continuing program execution, when xmlMalloc
fails?

  Sure, server stuff ...
  while (request)
    handle_request();

one request may fail, the server must not go down !
Library must never exit, I consider this a design principle :-)

Otherwise I would suggest to move checking for 0 return, generating an
error message and exiting into xmlmemory.h.

  I did try to catch all cases of memory allocation errors handling them
in a graceful fashion. If I missed some, point them to me, I will try to
fix it,

Daniel