Re: [xml] Patches for Win32/MSCC build

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 06:00:00PM +0200, Igor Zlatkovic wrote:
Hi there.

Here are few things regarding the Win32/MSCC build of libxml2. The patches
are made against libxml2-2.3.6.

1. MSVC project files are updated to contain newly made source files. The
project files are in the tarball named 'dspfiles.tar.gz', compressed in
order to avoid CRLF->LF conversion. These files must be in CRLF format,
because the Microsoft's IDE does not like it otherwise. All .dsp files from
the tarball belong under win32/libxml2.

  okay updated/added

2. The file 'libxml2.def.src' is a pseudo-source file used to generate the
.DEF for the MS linker. The above project files assume it is there and
handle it properly without further intervention. It belongs under
win32/libxml2 as well. With this, we can finally make a usable shared
library under Win32/MSCC platform. The library exports 736 symbols and if
that isn't enough... I would like to thank everyone for ideas and thoughts
regarding this issue.

  i added it to win32/libxml2

3. I made small change to include/libxml/xmlversion.h. Namely, this file is
included by the above 'libxml2.def.src' and then preprocessed. After
preprocessing, a small piece of code remains in the generated .DEF file and
MS linker feels slightly offended by that. The piece of code in question is
a simple function prototype:

    extern void xmlCheckVersion(int version);

A small modification makes it conditional:

    #ifndef LIBXML2_COMPILING_MSCCDEF
    extern void xmlCheckVersion(int version);
    #endif /* LIBXML2_COMPILING_MSCCDEF */

This 'LIBXML2_COMPILING_MSCCDEF' macro is defined in 'libxml2.def.src'.
Under all other platform/compiler combinations, it is always undefined. The
patch can be found in xmlversion.diff

  well actually the patch had to be applied to xmlversion.h.in, done.

4. include/win32config.h now has the mappings for snprintf and vsnprintf,
which are present in Microsoft's C runtime under different names. The patch
is in win32config.diff

  applied

5. xmllint.c received a small modification which makes it compile and work
under Win32/MSCC correctly, with disabled timings. The patch is in
xmllint.diff

  applied too,

  All your patches are in CVS and should make into the next release,
thanks for taking care of this,

Daniel