Re: Proposing _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN_EXCLUSIVE

> hehe sure. 320x240 etc. are pretty much gone. do you expect the game to go to
> randr and query available modes? does this sound sensible actually? i don't
> think it does as game doesnt know what monitor it is destined for until its
> window is mapped. i suspect we need to have some level of negotiation here.
> maybe wm advertises available exclusive fullscreen resolutions in a property,
> and then game selects one of them.

In my wildest dreams, only the "read-only" parts of XRandR would be available to apps, but it doesn't sound like it's a big problem to supply a list of available resolutions through the Window Manager...I guess it would remove any dependency in apps on a specific X11 extension, and lets DEs specify just what they want to allow.

--ryan.