_NET_WM_APPLICATION_ID and friends

hi

I want to add the following optional window properties to the
specification:

  _NET_WM_APPLICATION_ID
  _NET_WM_DBUS_NAME
  _NET_WM_DBUS_PATH

They would have the following definitions:

APPLICATION_ID: set equal to the well-known application identifier of
the application responsible for showing this window (as in the one that
GApplication is using).

DBUS_NAME: set equal to the unique D-Bus name on the session bus that
can be used to reach the application responsible for showing this
window.

DBUS_PATH: set equal to the path at DBUS_NAME that corresponds to this
window.  Some interface would be provided here to allow useful
interaction with the window.

What I don't have answers for:

 - what to do about network transparency.  Probably nothing.

 - exactly what the window D-Bus interface will look like

This could well be an attempt at premature specification of a
not-entirely-fleshed out idea (and I consider that to be a just
criticism).  Even still, I'm fairly sure that we want to move in this
direction.  I also want to make sure that there are no serious
objections to the basic premise of this idea before I invest efforts
into adding support to Gtk+ (for example).

Cheers