Re: [EWMH] _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_AUXILIARY

> > Anyway - regarding the hint proposal, one suggestion is to come up
> > with a more descriptive name than AUXILIARY, such as VISUAL_EFFECT.
> > Then in defining what the WM should do with this window, spell out
> > that the CM should render the window "as is" - which is almost saying
> > "do the equivalent of override redirect for compositing, since
> > override redirect itself does not apply to compositing" - that is,
> > composite this window literally without overriding anything. I don't
> > know. Anyway, it needs to be precisely specified what you want the CM
> > to do and not do.
>
>  I agree here. AUXILIARY sounds like A_SPECIAL_HACK. I think that ideally all
> such effects should be in the CM, but in reality I would be fine with having
> this VISUAL_EFFECT.

The VISUAL_EFFECT type should be probably defined as "compositing
windows should not perform visual tranformations on this type of window"
or the like. But I'm no spec writer, somebody who knows what I mean will
likely find a better way to state that in the spec. ;)

Denis