Re: Review: FULLSCREEN_MONITORS Hint

> > >  "The window should" - this is a request to the WM and there's no
> > > guarantee it
> > > will honour it.
> >
> > But here we're talking about the read-only property, which must be in
> > sync with the window's actual geometry--not the client request.
>
>  I see. I didn't (and still don't) see any point in having another property
> announcing something that's obvious to those few that might possibly care.
> I don't find this property to carry any useful information.

 Ah, but the property is needed if the state should be set right when the
window is initially mapped :-/. Ok, I guess modelling it after _NET_WM_STATE
is the least of the evils then.

>  However, I overlooked the source indication field in the message, which
> makes sense, to distinguish between pagers and apps. Therefore I now
> support the message.

KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l lunak suse cz , l lunak kde org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz