Re: RFC: FULLSCREEN_MONITORS property

Lubos Lunak wrote:
It does make sense to me that certain apps (games, vmware) might say
"cover multiple monitors" where the multiple monitors are distinct
spaces (what I called "b)" originally) for all other apps.

Why? I don't see a single reason why VMWare should be able to change how Konqueror goes fullscreen.

I think you interpreted my comment backward from what I was trying to say, I didn't mean vmware should change the global state.

So I'd go with Elijah and say the hint makes sense, though I'm not clear yet on
whether it should cover only fullscreen behavior or all "xinerama
awareness"

I do think some of the other issues raised need addressing, but they
appear orthogonal to this hint since this hint assumes case b) and
doesn't take a position on how we distinguish a) and b)

And do we need to take position on a)? As you said, in such case Xinerama settings should pretend there's no Xinerama.

I think it would be better if the X server simply didn't report xinerama, but last time we tried the X hackers couldn't be convinced, so perhaps we need to set our own XSETTING-type global desktop property.